Eddie Hearn has confirmed comments by Bob Arum that there are no remaining sticking points to prevent an Anthony Joshua versus Tyson Fury fight from happening.
Hearn, who promotes WBA, WBO, and IBF champion Joshua 24-1 (22), says they are just waiting for signatures on the contract from American promoter Arum and the team around WBC champion Fury 30-0-1 (21).
The heavyweight pair are expected to commit to a two-fight series this year with the first bout to take place in June.
“To be honest with you we’re really waiting on their signatures now,” the Matchroom Boxing boss told iFL TV.
“The issue is there are about four or five people that’ve gotta sign their contract and much fewer that have gotta sign our contract.
“So we’re in a good place, everything seems to be agreed.
“Now the proof will be in the pudding when those parties sign the contract, we’re ready to sign the contract.
“We’ve said to them, ‘Go round and get all your signatures because there’s so many of them and we’re ready.’
“We sign the contract immediately when we have those and the fight’s up and running.
“As of yet there’s no deal because they haven’t put pen to paper, but I believe that is inevitable.
“They’ve got like four/five people to sign it and from our side, it’s us – AJ and Matchroom.
“We’re ready, we’re ready to sign that contract.
“It’s the natural process of getting Tyson Fury, getting Bob Arum, getting Frank Warren, getting MTK, on the different time zones to get that over the line.
“This is where it gets interesting because we’re there.
“Off you go, pen to paper, let’s crack on.”
Earlier this week Arum said that the deal was close to completion and he wasn’t anticipating any further delays.
“Yeah as far as I am concerned,” the Top Rank chairman told iFL TV. “I’ve been working on it; all the points have been agreed to.
“That’s what each side has said. Now, we are scrambling around to get the thing signed and everything.
“But I can say clearly, based on my view on everything, that there are no more issues.”
The 32-year-old Fury has not fought since his seven-round drubbing of Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas a year ago.
Joshua, 31, last saw action in December when he stopped IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev in nine one-sided frames.
The all-British showdown to crown an undisputed champion is the most anticipated clash in the heavyweight division in years.
“June should be the date,” Joshua said on a JD Sports live stream on Sunday.
“Trust me. For the fans, for the people that have been calling it on for many, many months.
“Shoutout to Fury and his team as well, hungry go-getters, that’s what we are.
“UK stand up. And to the world – we’re bringing it.
“I can’t wait. Undisputed.”
Read more articles – Source link